This week started with a pair of unmatched socks. I didn’t realize it until I took the picture. I kept rearranging until they ‘looked’ matched. But one cuff was two inches longer than the other.

So I tried to think how I could donate, with clear conscience, to my charity. I couldn’t. I thought maybe I should keep them for myself. Nah. So I went through all the yarn hoping to find more of the same color. So lucky to find more. Now the challenge was to make another perfectly unmatched pair.

I did it!

These are the same colors. The cell didn’t photograph these very well. Sorry.

Now I can donate happily! And I think I have enough leftover for one more pair!

These are on the KB Sock 2 loom. It is a larger gauge which makes it great for single strand worsted weight yarn.

The pattern is found in the package. I revised a bit to something like this:

Two-by-two brim (2″ and 4″ respectively) an inch of flat stitch, then heel, then 6 1/2″ e-wrap, then toe.

I love making socks!

Advertisements